Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bloggy Cobwebs

There was a time, when this blog was first created, that I couldn't go a single day without a writing a post. It is amazing to me how far I have strayed from that. I definitely need to dust off these bloggy cobwebs that have settled.

I have finally gotten rid of the idea that my bloggy comeback has to be the most creative piece EVER WRITTEN. Now, I just want something...anything that will break my silence. The best I can do is a list. A list of thoughts, ideas and a whole lot of random.

Fasten your seat belts...this will be riveting, or at the very best...readable.

1. If I were a blog friend of mine, I would have dumped me a long time ago. I haven't been faithful to read or comment lately. I still care deeply about all of you and hope to do better.

2. Facebook is just so much easier these days. I love "talking" with some of you there.

3. I haven't blogged in such a long time, I forgot my kids' blog names.

4. This weekend we celebrated Valentine's Day. It was the perfect blend of friends, family and couple time. I loved every minute of it and don't want it to end.

5. I am seriously addicted to coffee and all things caffeine. I find myself thinking about what I will drink tomorrow morning and anxiously awaiting that time, that smell, that taste.

6. I have been scrapbooking with a good friend every Friday. I love that time and really cherish the work that I have been doing on Loulabelle's baby book. I am almost done with her book and will be able to start Wingman's. From there I want to do a birthday book and Christmas book for each kiddo. I love our weekly time and hope we can always plan for it.

7. I have been recently made aware that I close my eyes when I talk. Why is that? Am I nervous, or self-conscious? I don't know, but I want to find out.

8. I have yet to find moderation in computer usage.

9. Wingman has been in his crib for a week. I miss him so much. The only comfort I have is knowing that he is sleeping so much better and just waking up once.

10. I love my kids. With my whole heart.

11. There are so many good shows on our Tivo right now. I love TV about as much as coffee and Facebook. Moderation, smoderation.

12. I want another big snow storm before spring. I want my kids home with me.

13. This list is riveting, I know.

14. I have recently come to realize that more people like their toilet paper to hang over rather than under. Apparently it is a big deal to most people.

15. My favorite item of clothing is my gray, velour track suit. I could wear it everyday.

16. I am sure some of you are regretting asking me to update my blog (Heather!) This is really the best I can come up with.

17. I made Ziplock omelets this morning. I don't know if I will ever go back to using my omelet pan after this. I love this recipe! Very fun!

18. I wish I was more articulate. I am a verbal mess. The words in my heart and head come out all jumbled and messy from my mouth. I wish I could change that.

19. I wonder if anyone cares about all this! If you are still reading...thank you!

20. I am mourning the fact that Wingman is almost 8 months old. On one hand, I love what he is doing and what is to come. But my heart is sad at what he has already left behind. The last month has brought so many changes for him. Time is going way too fast.

21. I held Z-Man tonight as I put him to bed. I realized that he still has the little boy smell of graham crackers. He has always smelled like that. I love that little boy smell. It will be a sad, sad day when that changes.

22. I am really, seriously contemplating getting a perm to reform my natural curls.

23. Tatiana, from American Idol, has GOT TO GO!! Seriously.

24. I am not sure when to use 'than' and 'then'...'effect' and 'affect'. Need a refresher course in grammar. Pretty sure that I use way too many dots when I type ...

25. I am already sad at the thought of Loulabelle starting Kindergarten in August. She is my little best friend. I will miss her so much when I have to share her with the world.

26. Skip and I would be the couple on Amazing Race that everyone hates. I don't do well under pressure and it wouldn't be pretty.

27. I want a new vacuum.

28. I am going to pull the plug on this nonsense. I'm not sure if the cobwebs are gone, but it will feel good to hit the PUBLISH button after a month of silence.

Love to my blog friends!!

14 comments:

Shelley said...

You sweet girl. I love your list. I have missed you in bloggy world, although I haven't been there as much lately either. Here's my thoughts on your thoughts...

AMEN to #5.

I'm so jealous of #6, I love that you get to do that, but I really wish I could join you. Maybe in 2 years...

#7? Really? I have not noticed you do that. And I usually notice those things.

Again, AMEN to #8.

#9 makes me sad, and happy. I feel your heart on this my friend.

AGAIN, AMEN to #11!

The toilet paper thing was hilarious.

Ziplock omelets? Do you need to update the recipe blog?

I am just like you on #18. I don't know how to "fix" that. Wish I could.

I mourned the entire last half of Austin's first year. I mean, I enjoyed it so much, but mourned it at the same time. I am still mourning the loss of those baby days...:)

LOVE #21.

I can't stand Tatiana. I think she's the Sanjaya of this season. Ugh.

*Sniff Sniff* to #25.

#26 cracked me up.

Love you friend! I'm glad to be your bloggy friend, and your real friend. I am lucky.

Oh, and I am sorry I made you keep going back to your list to see what the heck I was talking about. :)

Kristen said...

I love lists... I loved seeing your blog highlighted on bloglines this morning!

#1 i would never dump you

#2 i totally agree with facebook being easier... somedays it is all my mushy mind can handle

#4 glad you had a wonderful valentines day

#5 i have found myself being more addicted to caffeine than ever before - fountain soda is my friend. oh why did they have to put the convenience store a block away from my house - no self control on my part.

#6 so jealous about your scrapbooking. i have barely started landon's or mauryn's. GRR! i have until they are 18 and graduated so i do have some time.

#8 me too!

#10 :o)

#11 totally with you on good stuff on my TiVo. my TiVo was having issues last night and i was having a mini heart attack but i finally got it all resolved. praise the lord - i won't be missing idol or the bachelor this week. i did have to watch amazing race live last night and it is so strange watching tv without fast forwarding.

#17 share the recipe

#18 me too!

#19 i care!

#23 yes, she MUST GO! why they put her through i have no idea. she is totally annoying. she better get cut this first round.

#25 landon will be 5 next month (sniff, sniff) and start K in the fall. how can he be that old already?? i keep telling him he has to stay 4 forever.

#26 love the amazing race. would love to be on it but i don't think it would be pretty.

you make me smile and i am glad to call you a friend. i really truly hope that someday we can meet and be "real life" friends.

Teresa said...

YEAH!! I'm so glad to hear from you in the bloggy world... but I do enjoy the FB time... It is much easier (and way less pressure!)!!

I am still wishing I could have a scrapbooking friend with which to do the same... I feel so pressured to finish Ruthie's before Emma comes... but I haven't even STARTED!!!

I definitely want the recipe for ziplock omelets!!

Glad to have you back in both worlds... Love you!

Nicole said...

Welcome back! I miss my "babies" too, my youngest just turned 2 and it was so sad to think that he is a little boy now.

Always Faith said...

LOL...hey it's great to see you back after a month's absence...you were totally missed!

Celeste said...

Dude! We should be on a team vs. Nikki & Patti, it would be the funniest AR ever!!

Shelly said...

I love our scrapbooking days and don't EVER want to stop!!!!!! Loved your entire list...just wish I could stay focused enough to make a list!

Lynn said...

#3 totally cracked me up...

Hey girl! Great to see you back in the blogging and commenting world. You are just as cute and fun as ever. I love random lists like this.

Raquel said...

i have a face book account but for some reason i can not get into it, i wonder why? everyone i knows loves it!

oh my gosh i record so many shows on TV how did we live before DVR's and tivo is all i want to know.

great update!

oh and i cant wait to make the omelets i have been wanting to make them and keep forgetting about them!

Anonymous said...

I so want to have a "date" to scrapbook every week. It would be the only way I get anything done. Glad you two get to do that.

I have noticed your closing eye thing when you talk and I think it is adorable. :)

michelle said...

Janelle~I loved reading your fun list! You have a way of making life more interesting and fun! :)

Alana said...

I'm so proud of you for resurrecting the blog. I should really follow in your footsteps. My goal is to catch up on reading blogs and then I'll post one of my own soon.

Fun list...I really never noticed that you close your eyes when you talk...and how long have I known you now?

Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Obviously, we were separated at birth!

I love this list and I love the fact that someone else is having blogging issues. Of course, I said to heck with it all and pulled the blog plug altogether. But it'll be back. I just need to regroup!

Teresa said...

Oh Janelle! Great list! I really enjoyed reading it! I am totally with you on the whole coffee thing...it's become a recent addiction of mine...and I've been thinking about coffee ALL DAY today and I'm looking forward to drinking some in the morning...nuts.

I, too, have noticed your eye behavior! It wasn't until you mentioned it that I was like, yeah, she does do that...it's very sweet...not a bad trait at all!

Seriously...I love how you are able to write with so much love. You make me want to love my kids even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...