Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Honk and A Wave and A Kiss Goodnight

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! ANOTHER POST ABOUT HONKING? I AM GOING TO STOP READING THIS BLOG RIGHT NOW! THIS GIRL HAS NO MATERIAL.

Yes, I know. This is my 4th entry about honking. But this honk is different. This honk is special. This honk has a happy ending. I promise.

Tonight as my kids and I were driving to church for our small group meeting. I passed by a friend's house. I could see her family in the backyard playing, so I HONKED. (Remember, you can honk for a friend!) She came running. Thankfully, there is a stop sign right in front of her house, so I was legally obligated to stay put.

"Does your son want to play?" she asked.

Absolutely! Not only did she want him to play, but she also asked if he could spend the night. WOW! It took Z all of 0 seconds to decide that he indeed wanted to play, but wasn't sure about the all-nighter. That is until she mentioned her 3rd guest of honor. None other than R.C. Quick hug for mom and off he went. Mind you, I am still stopped at the stop sign. I literally dropped him off on the curb. But to see her driveway, you would understand.

Now, if you read my post yesterday about all the junk I took OUT of my car. Let me tell you what I put IN my car for our night at church. I had the following: PJ's, toothbrush, toothpaste and blanket. NO LIE! God orchestrated the perfect sleepover.

I called on my way home from church as I passed their house. Z's little voice came over the line telling me that he wanted to stay. They played outside until dark, ate his favorite foods and made ice cream shakes. I would say that his first sleepover will be one for the books.

So...honking can be beneficial.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

oh how awesome janelle! i'm so excited for Z, and for you! good for you to fly by the seat of your pants and let him stay! see ya tomorrow!

Alana said...

Divine intervention for a sleepover...who woulda thunk it?

Big Mama said...

Well you know that old saying, Honk and the Lord will provide...or something like that.

Carissa said...

janelle...big mama just commented on your blog!!!!! all you big mama fanitics are about to be excited!!! : )

Celeste said...

Mabye since Big Mama commented on your blog Skip will let you spend some $ on your blogging career! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...